روما بت
ماه بت
پین باهیس
بهترین سایت شرط بندی
بت کارت
یاس بت
یک بت
مگاپاری
اونجا بت
alvinbet.org
بت برو
بت فا
بت فوروارد
وان ایکس بت
1win giriş
بت وینر
بهترین سایت شرط بندی ایرانی
1xbet giriş
وان کیک بت
وین بت
ریتزو بت
1xbet-ir.com.co/
https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/paperiounblocked2?lang=EN https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN https://yohoho-io.app/ https://2.yohoho-io.net/paper.io unblocked https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho-unblocked-76?lang=EN https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN
HomeAfricaThose Who Attack Trump's Order 'Remained Silent When Obama Bombed Muslim States'

Those Who Attack Trump’s Order ‘Remained Silent When Obama Bombed Muslim States’

Published on

The ongoing protests over Donald Trump’s executive order lack a genuine democratic message and sincere regret about the US’ policies toward Muslims, Iranian political commentator Ali Reza Rezakhah told Sputnik. According to Rezakhah, what is going on is an all-out anti-Trump campaign launched by his political rivals.
1047724072
image-12444

Controversy continues to simmer over Donald Trump’s executive order, entitled “Protecting The Nation From Foreign Terrorist Entry Into The United States.”

However, according to Ali Reza Rezakhah, an Iranian political commentator and expert in international affairs,the  ongoing protests against Trump’s order shouldn’t be regarded as “regret” about Muslims.

In his interview with reporters Rezakhah drew attention to the fact that during the Obama presidency a number of Muslim countries had been subjected to extensive bombing. However, nobody took to the streets to protest against the US’ aerial campaigns.

The Iranian expert believes that what we  are witnessing today resembles nothing so much as an anti-Trump campaign launched by his political rivals and liberal media pundits.

“Donald Trump came into conflict with a number of American liberals and the mainstream media. One shouldn’t expect that the [mainstream] media’s coverage of protests against Donald Trump is adequate. One shouldn’t believe what CNN and the New York Times say about it, since they exaggerate and overstate the scale of these protests,” Rezakhah said.

It appears that US political analyst and conservative columnist Patrick J. Buchanan shares a similar stance.

“Was that weekend-long primal scream really justified?…  All five stories on page one of Monday’s Washington Post were about the abomination. The New York Times’ editorial, ‘Trashing American Ideals and Security,’ called it bigoted, cowardly, xenophobic, Islamophobic, un-American, unrighteous,” Buchanan noted in his

1050170582
image-12445

The Iranian expert cited the recent Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey which found that “most voters approve of President Trump’s temporary halt to refugees and visitors from several Middle Eastern and African countries until the government can do a better job of keeping out individuals who are terrorist threats.”

According to Rasmussen Reports, 57 percent of US voters favor the temporary ban on refugees from seven Muslim-majority countries — Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen — citing security concerns. Only 33 percent oppose the measure while ten percent are undecided.

Likewise, 56 percent approve a temporary block on visas prohibiting residents from aforementioned states from entering the US “until the government approves its ability to screen for likely terrorists.” Thirty-two percent are against this temporary ban, and 11 percent are undecided, the survey indicated.

1016132811
image-12446

Rezakhah noted that the US’ foreign policy “has always been discriminatory.” However, the countries affected by the order were designated as “state sponsors of terrorism” not by Trump but the Obama administration, the Iranian expert pointed out.

According to Rezakhah this list is politically biased and bears no relation to reality: Over the past 30 years none of the residents of the countries, affected by the measure, have committed any terror act on the territory of the US. The Iranian expert argues that in contrast, the Persian Gulf monarchies, which have long been known for fuelling extremism in the Middle East, have yet to be included in the list.

“The reason behind [this] is a political game, aimed at hiding the truth. Similarly one should regard the protest in defense of Muslim refugees and migrants. These protests are also politically biased and devoid of genuine democratic message,” Rezakhah stressed.

1050308139
image-12447

It is symbolic that there were no such protests and demonstrations during the Obama presidency, he noted.

The expert recalled that the Obama administration launched an all-out bombing campaign against Muslim nations in the Middle East, North Africa and Central Asia.

In his January article Micah Zenko, a Senior Fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), reported that in Obama’s last year in office the US has dropped 26,171 bombs in seven Muslim-majority countries.

“In President Obama’s last year in office, the United States dropped 26,172 bombs in seven countries. This estimate is undoubtedly low, considering reliable data is only available for airstrikes in Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, and Libya, and a single ‘strike,’ according to the Pentagon’s definition, can involve multiple bombs or munitions,” Zenko wrote.

“In 2016, the United States dropped 3,028 more bombs-and in one more country, Libya-than in 2015,” he stressed.

Given this it looks strange that no large-scale protests were conducted in America over Obama’s bombing campaigns, Rezakhah told Sputnik.

Therefore, the protests could be qualified as anti-Trump in the first place, the Iranian expert said, adding that the President’s political rivals continue to target him after he won the 2016 elections.

Latest articles

The Arab-Islamic Committee and the War in Palestine

The Arab-Islamic Ministerial Committee met today, 23rd of March 2025, in Cairo with H.E. Kaja Kallas, the High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy. The Parties discussed recent developments in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, and expressed their grave concern over the breakdown of the ceasefire in Gaza and the large…

PDF of April 3 issue

PDF of April 3 issue – Workers World Copyright © 2024 Workers.org

Portland “Keeps it in the streets” for Palestinian Land Back Day

Home » Racism and Self-Determination » Portland “Keeps it in the streets” for Palestinian Land Back Day Palestinian Land Back Day, Portland, Oregon, March 30, 2025. Portland, Oregon Fifteen groups endorsed the rally and march in Portland, Oregon, on March 30, marking the 39th anniversary of Palestinian Land Back Day when Palestinians rose up protesting…

Tesla ‘smells like fascism’ at Boston takedown

Home » Human needs before profits » Tesla ‘smells like fascism’ at Boston takedown Hundreds of people — including the marching band BABAM (the Boston Area Brigade of Activist Musicians) — blockaded the police-guarded front door of the Tesla dealership at Prudential Center on Boylston Street in Boston on March 29. The action was part…

More like this

The Arab-Islamic Committee and the War in Palestine

The Arab-Islamic Ministerial Committee met today, 23rd of March 2025, in Cairo with H.E. Kaja Kallas, the High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy. The Parties discussed recent developments in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, and expressed their grave concern over the breakdown of the ceasefire in Gaza and the large…

PDF of April 3 issue

PDF of April 3 issue – Workers World Copyright © 2024 Workers.org

Portland “Keeps it in the streets” for Palestinian Land Back Day

Home » Racism and Self-Determination » Portland “Keeps it in the streets” for Palestinian Land Back Day Palestinian Land Back Day, Portland, Oregon, March 30, 2025. Portland, Oregon Fifteen groups endorsed the rally and march in Portland, Oregon, on March 30, marking the 39th anniversary of Palestinian Land Back Day when Palestinians rose up protesting…