روما بت
ماه بت
پین باهیس
بهترین سایت شرط بندی
بت کارت
یاس بت
یک بت
مگاپاری
اونجا بت
alvinbet.org
بت برو
بت فا
بت فوروارد
وان ایکس بت
1win giriş
بت وینر
بهترین سایت شرط بندی ایرانی
1xbet giriş
وان کیک بت
وین بت
ریتزو بت
1xbet-ir.com.co/
https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/paperiounblocked2?lang=EN https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN https://yohoho-io.app/ https://2.yohoho-io.net/paper.io unblocked https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho-unblocked-76?lang=EN https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN
HomeNewsHow America Rescued Its Weapons Runners After Their Arrest in Haiti

How America Rescued Its Weapons Runners After Their Arrest in Haiti

Published on

PORT-AU-PRINCE, HAITI — Earlier this week, MintPress News reported that a  number of suspected American mercenaries were arrested transporting a cache of assault rifles and other weapons in the Haitian capital Port-au-Prince amid an uprising against government corruption.

As MintPress noted at the time, many Haitians believed that the men were part of a team of mercenaries hired by Haitian President Joven Moise. One of the men, Chris Osman, wrote on Instagram on Friday that they were operating “for people who are directly connected to the current President”

Osman was among five Americans, two Serbs, and one Haitian arrested by Haitian authorities. He is a former Navy SEAL and another one of the men, Christopher McKinley, was also a SEAL. Kent Kroeker, another one of those arrested, was a Marine Corps pilot, and Talon Burton is a former U.S. Army military policeman, State Department security guard, and Blackwater operative.

The remaining American, Dustin Porte, is a private security contractor and president of an electrical contracting company called Patriot Group Services, which has a $16,000 subcontract with the Department of Homeland Security.

After the men were arrested, Haitian Minister of Justice Jean Roody Aly authorized the extradition of the Americans to face trial in the United States, according to a letter from Aly obtained by the Miami Herald. But upon their arrival in Miami, it became clear that they would not face charges in the U.S. Federal sources confirmed as much to the Herald.

“The fact that the U.S. took these people and did not charge them, it shows there was a conspiracy. They didn’t want them to go before Haitian justice,” Pierre Esperance, who runs the National Human Rights Defense Network in Haiti, told the Herald.

On Thursday, Haiti’s Senate ordered the government security council to answer questions about the incident. The council is headed by Prime Minister Jean Henry Céant. According to a senator who spoke with him, the men planned to break into the central bank and then assassinate Céant.

U.S. authorities initially intervened after Céant told CNN that the group were “mercenaries” and “terrorists,” securing the group’s release before their court appearances.

 

Saving Private Contractors

“We were being used as pawns in a public fight between [President Moise] and the current Prime Minister of Haiti,” Osman said on Instagram. “We were not released, we were in fact rescued.”

Apparently dissatisfied with his position after being “rescued” from the fallout of the international incident he participated in, Osman complained: “My days of doing any out of the U.S. is [sic] officially over because I’m plastered all over media around the world.”

Still, Osman thanked “the American government, the State Department, the U.S. Embassy in Haiti, The American Ambassador to Haiti and the hundreds of men and woman who stepped in to save us.”

Chris Osman Haiti | Instagram

Chris Osman’s now deleted Instagram post

Protests had quieted after 10 days of intense conflict in Haiti, but the release of the mercenaries has renewed the anger of the opposition, multiple media outlets report.

A Haitian media personality on board the flight from Haiti to Miami that transported the mercenaries told the U.S. military veteran publication Task & Purpose that they were escorted off by government officials wearing “navy blue uniforms with what looked like the Homeland Security badge on their shoulders.”

However, it isn’t clear whether that was the case, as Homeland Security’s Customs and Border Patrol did not respond to Task & Purpose’s request for comment, while “the City of Miami Police Department, Miami-Dade Police Department, the FBI, TSA, and the U.S. Marshal’s Service” all denied involvement.

Top Photo | Americans who were arrested after being caught smuggling weapons in Haiti are shown in the Port au Prince Airport prior to being flown back to Miami on Feb. 20, 2019. Screenshot | YouTube

Alexander Rubinstein is a staff writer for MintPress News based in Washington, DC. He reports on police, prisons and protests in the United States and the United States’ policing of the world. He previously reported for RT and Sputnik News.

The post How America Rescued Its Weapons Runners After Their Arrest in Haiti appeared first on MintPress News.

Latest articles

Will intergovernmental institutions withstand the end of the “American Empire”?, by Thierry Meyssan

During the partially virtual G7 on February 24, the President of the United States threatened participants with leaving the organization if they published the statement they had prepared. The current situation, with the rapprochement between the United States and Russia, is shaking up the global political landscape. As a result, all intergovernmental institutions are being…

Voltaire, International Newsletter N°127

Our director of publication and editor-in-chief directed French magazines several years ago, and has won journalism awards abroad. He has regularly contributed to some fifteen major dailies and magazines around the world. Voltaire, International Newsletter is available by subscription for €500 a year, is published 42 times a year (not in July-August, nor during the…

Disintegration of Western democracy begins in France

In 2005, the French and Dutch rejected the Treaty establishing a Constitution for Europe in referendums. But in 2007, the French and Dutch parliamentary assemblies adopted the same text, barely amended, under the name of the Lisbon Treaty. For the first time since the end of World War II, the French and Dutch ruling classes…

Texas mobilizes to defend migrants

Home » Im/migrants and Refugees » Texas mobilizes to defend migrants Dallas The force of anti-deportation and pro-immigrant sentiment swept through Dallas like a whirlwind on March 30. That day thousands marched in defiance of the unabashedly racist actions taken by the Trump administration and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) against U.S. residents, both documented…

More like this

Will intergovernmental institutions withstand the end of the “American Empire”?, by Thierry Meyssan

During the partially virtual G7 on February 24, the President of the United States threatened participants with leaving the organization if they published the statement they had prepared. The current situation, with the rapprochement between the United States and Russia, is shaking up the global political landscape. As a result, all intergovernmental institutions are being…

Voltaire, International Newsletter N°127

Our director of publication and editor-in-chief directed French magazines several years ago, and has won journalism awards abroad. He has regularly contributed to some fifteen major dailies and magazines around the world. Voltaire, International Newsletter is available by subscription for €500 a year, is published 42 times a year (not in July-August, nor during the…

Disintegration of Western democracy begins in France

In 2005, the French and Dutch rejected the Treaty establishing a Constitution for Europe in referendums. But in 2007, the French and Dutch parliamentary assemblies adopted the same text, barely amended, under the name of the Lisbon Treaty. For the first time since the end of World War II, the French and Dutch ruling classes…